Bow Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bowfishing in Canada is vertually unheard of. Very few people do it. I summitted a story to Ontarios biggest outdoor magazine about bowfishing. It is the first time they have ever had a bowfishing story in their magazine. Six hour photoshoot last summer by a professional photographer. I have some gr8 pictures from the experiance but out of respect I promised to keep them for myself.

Trying to get the word out what a wonderful sport it is. Here is acouple pictures. Lots more in my five page article.

Magazinecover.jpg

Magazineheader.jpg

Magazinepage1.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Michigan is borderline Canada. Just not quite as crazy... :)

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
I bowfish Lake Huron alot. Live on the water here in Georgian Bay, Ontario.
Nothin better than living on the water. I'm not right on the Saginaw bay but I'm about a mile away. It's nice. You having low water problems on that side of the lake too?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes on the low water. Seems to be getting less and less every year. Don't get near the snow anymore we once got. Used to get snow in October every winter and now we don't get it till December. Not a big fan of winter, I say the only good thing about winter is peoples furnaces break down. I capitalize on peoples misfortune. LOL

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
I love winter. But they haven't been too good here in MI for the last few years.

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
I believe that water is diverted from Lake Michigan in to the Mississippi and alike in Indiana and Illinois.
Our water levels dropped about 3in when they reversed the flow in Chicago with the locks. But the recent low water levels are because of the st Lawrence seaway dredging. They dredged out the river and broke through the bedrock. Now the water is continually eating it deeper so more water can flow out faster creating the great lakes water levels to lower. They are debating on some plans to restrict the flow of the river but they are very expensive and still a work in progress. Hopefully they figure something out soon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts