Bow Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Your paying 100 for the reel, 35 for the arrows, and the rest for the DVD. you can price the reel and arrows seperate and come out cheaper. I would not buy another reel though. ams is the way to go imo

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
I had a whisker biscuit on a bow and it wasn't strong enough to hold the weight of the fiberglass arrow.
You can get the reel for $75 off eBay.
$25 for the rest off eBay.
$30 for the 2 arrows.
That's $130 for the useful stuff in the kit if bought separately. If you don't want to use eBay, then that price at basspro is probably about right.
I would definately reccomend the AMS retriever though. Simple, easy, and effective.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I would keep looking at Craigslist. Sometimes bowfishing stuff pops up and you might even be better buying someones bow and reel from them and just getting rid of the bow, if you dont like it of course. I know theres about 2 combos around my house in michigan for under 150 and that bow and reel. also if you have a old wisker biscuit use some epoxy on the bottom and good as need. holds arrows good from what i hear

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is a pse nova on Craigslist for $60. Its just the compound bow. Im going to call around to pawn shops to see what's available.

·
Registered
451 Posts
that sounds like a great deal on the Nova. good luck and tell us what you get. ps. pict too please :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's the one thing that scares me about buying a used bow. From what I've been told the damage done to the limbs isn't always visable.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yeah, if "damage" was done, "most" of the time you can see some limb separation or cracks at the cam axles. Albeit they are sometimes very small, but you can usually see them. But you are right, sometimes there are no signs at all on the outside, but will weaken over time as the bow is shot and eventually get worse.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts