Bow Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been looking at them but don't really thank they r worth the money. Any one ever used one? And if so what kind? Most of the water we shoot is 3 to 4 foot deep.

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
I agree with you. I can't justify spending $100+ on a laser sight. Plus I think it kind of takes away from the sport...I guess if your a tournament shooter that needs every fish you can get them maybe. But I like the challenge of judging the depth and diffraction, the laser sight takes that all away.

·
Registered
451 Posts
To me it seems like a waste of money. Never shot with one though, but I did talk to alot of people with them. They seem to believe it helps them. Personally I would rather use the money and buy more arrows or something. You also have to sight it in for the depth your shooting in. I have grown to love the challenge of shooting instinctively (no sights at all) and after alittle practice Im shooting about 50%. Could be shooting higher but I love shooting at wakes too much

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
The typo it your title describes laser sites pretty well. :lol:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did anyone try any of the lazier bowfishing sights? It seems like a lot of people are into some of the lazier hobbies. I'm not sure where I see it but I think by looking through a few forums people are into this stuff. The reason why I wanted to know was that one of my friends was saying that he saw a few people trying to build a fishing site called hookonabow.com (I think). He said they had big plans, and that they started off with just hooking up the fish to the string. Apparently, they got around 2,000 visitors a day! So my question is: has anyone tried any of the lazier bowfishing sights? Or do you know anyone who has tried making bowfishing games for fun? I've been bowfishing for nearly two years. I started out with a compound and that's what I would recommend for someone who is new to bow fishing since compounds are pretty forgiving when it comes to shooting. However, I recently switched to a crossbow and decided to try this lazier sight.
Plant Plant community Ecoregion Tree Vegetation

https://rangefindereviews.com/compound-bow-rangefinder-sight/

At first, I was hesitant, but after using it for a few weeks, it has become clear that this sight is as good if not better than my previous compound. Since I brought one home for a test, I have been baffled. It's a great sport and could be a relaxing fun way to spend an afternoon, but it is tough enough without having to worry about my equipment--thank goodness for the Internet. While there are lots of manufacturers of the things, I was surprised to see how few bowfishing sights had recommendations from others who shoot the same brand. Were that just picky people wanting their personal favorites to win out or does what you shoot really make that much of a difference? We set bowfishing sights for different types of shots. For example, we use a lower power sight for shots like fishing out of a small boat in the summer and a higher power sight for shots where you are closer to the bank trying to hit a target that is closer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts