Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I upland hunt quite a bit as well.
I have a English setter good upland dog but doesn't want to retrieve the ducks.
Snow Dog Carnivore Dog breed Plant

Dog Plant Carnivore Fence Dog breed

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Grew up duck hunting in Idaho. My best season was 1000 ducks. Have not hunted in several years. I would like to get back into it but probably wouldn't like the crowds. I'm kinda anti social and really don't like crowds. From what I read nowadays there are a lot of rude people that are out there and I don't know if I could stomach it.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Eat sleep and breath waterfowl. Sept to Feb is the best time of the year

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Grew up duck hunting in Idaho. My best season was 1000 ducks. Have not hunted in several years. I would like to get back into it but probably wouldn't like the crowds. I'm kinda anti social and really don't like crowds. From what I read nowadays there are a lot of rude people that are out there and I don't know if I could stomach it.
If you do your scouting and find hard to get to backwater it isn't too bad...at least not around here. The easy access sights are overrun by the "Duck Dynasty" generation.

Reactions: BigSwole

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Eat sleep and breath waterfowl. Sept to Feb is the best time of the year
some with me...Bowfishing is my filler to get through the spring. Then once August rolls around its all waterfowl again.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
If you do your scouting and find hard to get to backwater it isn't too bad...at least not around here. The easy access sights are overrun by the "Duck Dynasty" generation.
Truer words havent been spoken!

I put in at a lake here that doesnt produce much, year after year its typically the same people. Got to the landing one morning and there were 6 trucks where there is normally 0. not the first person had a clue what they were doing. and all 6 boats were within eyesight of the boat landing.

It was crazy this year.

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've come across several groups this season that were first timers. Some had rubber waders and a single shot and a doz decoys. These guys I don't mind. But some of them were the "junior duck commanders"...Benelli shotguns and 80 decoys. These guys are the ones I want to knock out. The only call they know is a hail call and they blast at anything that comes inside of 100 yards. Really makes a hunt unenjoyable when you have to deal with those guys.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
I put a bunch of hours on my godevil this year. I had people pretty much follow me into an area. Next day there they sit.

My goose decoys got a sneak put on em a few times. Luckily they managed to stay shot free. It was funny to watch though

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My goose decoys got a sneak put on em a few times. Luckily they managed to stay shot free. It was funny to watch though
Hahahahaha haven't had that happen yet.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
I had tears in my eyes from laughing. Its so funny watching people ninja into range only to realize there decoys. I only let them get close if i am in no way of being shot or sprayed.

At least i know my hide is good and my decoys are realistic. I joked with my buddy that this year i was able to call in hunters with my goose call!

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's a nice lookin dog you got there.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Thanks Nuff,

Got her at a hog show, was looking for another hog dog when i found her. The previous owner was abusing these dogs and i saw them, very poor condition. Bought her and both her sisters and gave the other 2 away. Wasnt planning on keeping her but she fell in love with me and wont leave my side.

Shes super smart to top it off. Lol when i pick up decoys i tie her down because she will grab decoys and bring em to me and her teeth werr leaving marks in the flocking.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Is 1000 ducks a combined total from a couple guys?

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Is 1000 ducks a combined total from a couple guys?
I hope so. The most ducks possible to shoot here in a season is 360.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Our season in Florida is roughly 60 days, with a five day teal season.

6(60) + 4(5)= 380 rough math.

Granted if he's in cali he gets one more per day bringing the total to 445.

Maybe he killed his limit every time he went, and took a trip to Argentina and killed 555 in a week, giving him an even thousand.

then again he could be talking boat totals or group limits.

Or its possible he may have miscounted.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.