Bow Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anybody baited a "hole" to shoot ? weve put wheat and stuff out for catfish but just wonderin if they will come and stay in the shallows......if so whats ur best recipie ?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I would never do this but cotton seed slabs attract carp big time, they decompose in the water slow attracting lots of fish.

When I was still in school, I would cut cotton seed blocks into 1 1/2 squares for a local bait shop, they would put a large hook on a stringer hanger facing out then the block then another hook facing the other way, hang them from a limb and have two carp snagged by morning., the fish would come up sucking on the cotton seed and get snagged by the hooks.

·
Registered
451 Posts
We threw out a can of corn once on a clear shallow and came back to shoot it. There were plenty there but they muddied up the water so much it was hard to shoot them. Personally If your in a boat probably not but from land it might be worth it. Even if we want to catch them on rod and reel we dont throw out anything. just a big ball of bread on a hook

·
Registered
131 Posts
TNT then start shooting. LOL

Zollie

Reactions: mattman
1 - 6 of 6 Posts