1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
I like it!! :thumbsu:

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Send a message to NightKnight and see if he has any left.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The stickers are nice.....the 22's.....not so much.
Yeah, some people arent into current trends. Different strokes for different folks. Wasnt talking about the wheels on my truck, but since you brought them up. Here is some info for ya. lol

https://www.facebook.com/fueloffroad?ref=stream

I'm in ******* heaven here in Tx we love big trucks, hot women and beer.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I actually like it. The rims I mean. Love the stickers too. There's a picture of my truck somewhere on this forum with the stickers on

·
Registered
250 Posts
Don't get me wrong....I like the looks of the rims but I'm just not for the low profile tire. I'm more of a jeep guy and like to offroad but tired of cleaning mud years ago. I like tough trails with some rocks tossed in. I'll drive in mud but I don't go seeking it out. I like a little more cushion in my tires. I just think the skinny meats look funny on stuff. I'm more of a 15-16" rim 33-35" tire guy. :D I've run with guys running full size w/44s that would turn the sprinkler on under their trucks after they got home from a day of having fun.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Don't get me wrong....I like the looks of the rims but I'm just not for the low profile tire. I'm more of a jeep guy and like to offroad but tired of cleaning mud years ago. I like tough trails with some rocks tossed in. I'll drive in mud but I don't go seeking it out. I like a little more cushion in my tires. I just think the skinny meats look funny on stuff. I'm more of a 15-16" rim 33-35" tire guy. :D I've run with guys running full size w/44s that would turn the sprinkler on under their trucks after they got home from a day of having fun.
Well, again this is a matter of opinion. As unless you want a dedicated offroad truck (or wannabe) you don't want huge tires and small rims. Imagine a coke can running through a huge balloon. You can move the coke can inside the balloon. This is the same effect when you run too big of a tire on too small of a wheel. When you are driving on the road and need to turn quickly you loose steering response. Because enertia wants to keep the tire and wheel moving straight forward, thus the wheel turns first, then the tire responds later due to too much sidewall flex. I was 15 when I got my very first truck (I'm 40 now, so I have been playing with cars & trucks for a while) was a 78 Chevy Blazer with 44s, Like I said, unless you have an offroad only truck, I wouldn't advise going with too big a tire and small wheel. Its not safe. People have and are moving away from this mentality for weekend warrior trucks. You can pop tires off the wheel and crash easier than you think when driving on the road.

Plus, I went with 33s because I am not ready to lift my truck yet. When you lift, you loose fuel efficiency and mine is a daily driver. Thus I am on the fence about lifting it. I went with 33s because I don't really need to re-gear the truck yet, but can move to 35s, 38s or whatever in the future should I decide to and I wont need to replace the wheels. And if/when I lift, I will also re-gear my truck to keep from getting 5 mi per gal. BTW, we are leaving for Colorado for 2 weeks 4am tomorrow. But, again, thats just my view on this.

Next year I plan on putting in an LS 6.2 L out of an Escalade, but modding the engine before it goes in. Forged crank, forged rods, stock bore and stock hypereutectic pistons (probably), Ported heads or stock LS6 heads, torque cam, port matched intake to the heads. Yella Terra 1.8 roller rockers, computer tune of course, 3" dual exhaust (not sure on headers yet, but if I do, they will be shorties), modified Volant CAI, electric fan conversion, PI 3 disc 2800 stall TC with WOT lockup, tranny rebuild and many other small unmentionables.

And, if my budget holds out, I will be doing a front and rear axle swap to move to a solid front axle. Not to run bigger tires and lift necessarily, but to gain drivability and reliability. But I expect this to get delayed as I just replaced all the steering stuff with Moog equip last week so I have new parts & front and rear solid axle swaps aren't cheap.

And as for putting sprinklers under a truck, yeah some do that when they aren't completely covered in mud. This is the last time we went mudding in the Hummer, I don't think sprinklers would do much unless I left them on it for a few days. lol

·
Registered
451 Posts
Dang sounds like you really know your stuff. Personally I would keep that truck the same, I think it looks sweet. An engine swap sounds like it would turn that thing into a beast! I will def be keeping my eye on your truck build

·
Registered
121 Posts
truck look good. I aint a fan of them type of rims, they remind me a something a thug\gang banger would have on his car.. NO disrespect attended. I've owned 4x4's all my life I'm 53 yrs old and built some real ground pounders in my time 1\2 of them had serouis horse power and been daily drivers. All but 1 was GMC the odd one was a 1946 Willy's CJ 2A Jeep. My last rig was a 1990 GMC Z 71 had a speed shop built the 383 Stroker (kept it all TBI) pushing a moderate 450 hp Daily Driver ran on pump gas. Built 7ooR4 transmission with 2000RPM manual lock-out converter. Rear end I changed from limited slip to full blown possi trac. Scat crank, eagle rod, SRP pistons, Comp Cam & all roller valve train, jegs gear drive, JBI shorty headers, 650cfm Holley throttle body with 49mm throat plate, Edelbrock TBI high rise, with custom bored 49mm ports Vortex heads (all trick out w\guide plates) a real dirt & pavment pounder. BUT I kept all the suspension at factory height but all performance parts, why? I wanted low center gravity. I ran 10" by 275 16's

Truck_Motor2_600.jpg

new_truck3_600.jpg

new_truck2_600.jpg

new_truck1_600.jpg

my odd ball 4x4 was a 1946 Willy's Jeep CJ 2A with Alumin. Block Buick V6 , Chev Steering, 11" Ford Brakes with Rancho suspension zero lift. 10.5's 31's on 15" ford steel wheels. picture taking in 1982.

08-15-2012040454PM.jpg

I've had 1965 GMC carry all 4x4 with 400 small block D Stroked, 1978 GMC Seirra 1\2ton 4x4 w\ big block 396 turbo charged. all still had low center gravity 4x4's. personal perferences on height, tire size, rims, motors, makes.......is mine any better than anyones elses? nope, it what floats your boat or flips your skirt and what you do with it. All my rigs get dirty use for hunting & as daily pavment drivers.

my shop truck 2000 GMC Z71 completely stock, except for the air ride suspension & the custom exhaust.

Picture6594.jpg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.