Bow Fishing Forum banner

Carpet Help on Pontoon PLEASE.

5K views 18 replies 5 participants last post by  THS Sporting Center 
#1 ·
I am looking at replacing the carped on my Pontoon. The deck is 8' x 19' Lots of room and I want to get the right stuff the first time. It will be parked outside and in the sun. I will probably only cover it in the winter. Home depot has some marine carpet. ANY suggestions and or links would be greatly appreciated. Thank you Tim D

#2 ·
Is this a Bowfishing boat of pleasure boat?
Hydro turf is supposed to be the best you can buy but it's expensive. I've always put the cheapest outdoor carpet I could find on my pontoon.

#4 ·
I think it's just an online product. It more of a mat type coating that carpet. I've never personally used it but I know that a lot of guys use it on their bowfishing decks and in the bottom of duck boats. Supposed to be very durable and easy to clean up. But when I say expensive I mean expensive, like $3-$5 per square foot. That's why I don't have it. You can get it at hydroturf.com if that's the way you want to go.

#10 ·
If you go with a spray-on bedliner, go with Line-X over Rhino. Both are good, but Line-X is a harder surface and would probably hold up better. I also suspect that it is lighter too since Line-X is usually only about 1/8" thick vs about 1/4" thick with Rhino. That will matter on a boat.

PS, I have had both products on my trucks in the past.

#14 ·
Hydro turf is what comes on jetskis, the padding on the newer skis on the back deck and in the foot wells.

If it sat in the sun it got warm but splash it with water and it cooled off.

anything will get hot if it sits in the sun, but hydro turf would be your best bet for keeping heat away.

#16 ·
I haven't heard that but I've never had it on anything I owned so I can't say no. Id just try and find some reviews online somewhere. I'm sure you will find out if it's a problem or not.

#18 ·
The only negative I've really heard about was the pealing. There is a different adhesive that people use that is supposed to work better than the stuff hydro turf sells. Don't know what it is though. Sounds like there are a lot of other downsides to it too though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.