Bow Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody go out during the day much? When I was in college and bow fished more we always went during the day and shot gar in oxbows and last year when I kinda got back into it a little we had a big cicada hatch and we did really good on carp up in the river. Just wondered about daytime over all versus night.

We have had TON of rain here and alot of the fields are flooded and I know we used to catch them good in the daytime in cotton fields off the Mississippi when it'd drop back down. Kinda like shooting fish in a barrel I guess but it was still fun.

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
I do mostly night shooting now, but I'm shooing in the Great Lakes Bowfishing Championship next weekend and that's 15 hours of daytime shooting over 2 days. Heading out there Sunday for a practice daytime shoot.

Reactions: DuckTracker

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Shoot daytime quite often. Gotta be clear water though. Cloud cover kills your ability to see. It has to have the right conditions. Sun, little wind, and clear water.

Reactions: Jcrock

·
Registered
19 Posts
A good pair of sunglasses with no wind or clouds makes for a good day to bowfish if the water isn't TOO murky, muddy, or dingy.????

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Strangely I really like the 3-6 pm time frame here on our muddy river....
That usually seems to be my slow time. The carp seem to be active till about noon, then they go to the thick weed beds and reeds and lay on the bottom till you just about step on them. Then a little after dark they get moving again.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I do a lot of day time shooting as mentioned above it has to be a clear sunny day with very little to no wind and you HAVE to have polarized sunglasses. I stay in 2 to 5 feet of water and tear them up. I do this year round you would be surprised how good the fishing is in the winter time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts