Bow Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been shooting for about ten years now and love it. i've been fishing since before i can remember and the idea of combining the two just couldn't be more appealing. i'm in the middle of the ok panhandle so it's a drive to water. when we do make it i like to make the most of it and do all we can. i have two nephews near by that will be undertaking this new adventure as well. rigged up the older one (he turned 13 just yesterday) a bow. still at a loss on the little one. he's 8 and skinny!!! i will be looking on here for your help in finding him a suitable starter and i've also already found some great ideas on modifying my 14 foot v hull aluminium boat. thanks for the site and access to all your brains!!! have a great evening!

·
Registered
451 Posts
welcome. when i first started i used a 25lb recurve. It wasnt the best and had alot of fish pull off but for the close shots it stuck em good enough. He should have no problem pulling 25lbs. also with a recurve they can shoot anywhere on the draw, so even like a 40lb draw could work, he might not be able to pull the full 40 but as he gets stronger so will his shot. good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts