Bow Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
I use interlock 2 blade grapples. Built 6, 3 blade grapples to try this summer. I shoot enough weight on my shore bow that the grapples seem to go deeper and more accrate at longer distances than my muzzy carp points. Use muzzy carp points in my boat when I use my lighter bow and less weight. Don't know if it is right, but it works good for me.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Doing a lot of learning right now. In Australia we don't have much of a selection of different styles of fishing arrow tips. I use the standard carp tip but after hitting around 10 fish the barb starts to freely spin so once that happens I stop shooting all together. No point hitting them if I can't get them on dry land. I'll have to make a purchase from oversea's I think & trial a few of the other type's

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Those tips are terrible. That is what I bought for my first arrow and had the same results you had. Ended up loosing a 20+ pounder. Now I took the barbs off and it's a practice arrow. The muzzy carp tips are the simplest and most effective IMO.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Nuff it really gets to you. One night I took a mate out with me to introduce him to the sport of bowfishing. He was getting the hang of it pretty quick considering he is 6'3ft & using my wife's bow that's max draw is 28in so he managed to keep it tight & get some good fish. We were both shooting well then round about the same time both tip's failed. My mate was guttered when he lost a big healthy 3 footer at his feet (I actually thought he was going to dive in after it)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Inter Loc Leading the pack. I wouldn't shoot them if someone gave it to me free. They have to big of a body and make to big of hole in soft body fish.

Gene Davis was my first point until I started braking off the barbs.

Cajun"s are good if they would use stainless barbs instead of the other type of metal that rust. Good thing is I can get some stainless welding rod and replace the barb in the Cajuns.

Now its MUZZY

Zollie

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.