Bow Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my replacement ignitors in the mail for my 150w HPS lights and hooked them up. Plugged it in and we got light!!! Now I just need to get the lights mounted on the boat and I'll be ready to go. Hopefully by mid-week next week, just in time for the warm weather we are finally getting.

Reactions: NightKnight

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can't tell how bright it is in this picture, but after I got this one hooked up and turned on it took me 15min until I could see again to wire the other 3 up.
It's daylight in the room, but my phone dimmed it down from the brightness of the light.
Automotive lighting Amber Sky Street light Electricity

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is my ballast box. Weighs 40#s. will be nice to have that weight on the back seems how my wood deck up front weighs well over 150#s
Electricity Electrical wiring Computer hardware Cable Electronic engineering
Green Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Gas
White Light Automotive lighting Personal protective equipment Gas

Attachments

·
Registered
451 Posts
Nice! looking good. Did you put fans in your ballast box? and how hard was it to wire up?

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice! looking good. Did you put fans in your ballast box? and how hard was it to wire up?
No fans in it yet. Gonna run it for a few hours and see how hot it gets. I wired the whole thing up in about a half hour. Really easy. White to white, black to black, red to red, blue to blue. Pretty much that easy.

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got pretty hot on the first run tonight. Gonna put a fan in it tomorrow before the next trip.

·
Registered
451 Posts
oh ok. I was thinking when I set mine up just to vent the box, but if you say it gets pretty hot I will deff. be putting in a couple fans. I think one for air intake and one to push it out.

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I vented mine too hoping that would work. But it felt too hot when I put my hand in it. I ended up opening the top of the box about an hour in so they wouldn't over heat. I'm probably just gonna put in an exhaust fan on one end and leave the other end vented. Should keep it cooler with only the 4 ballasts in it.

·
Registered
451 Posts
yeah I was kinda thinking that too. but I think I will be running 8 150w HPS lights and getting a Fatmax tool box. maybe some old computer heat sinks wouldnt be a bad idea. you didnt worrie about getting water in them when the box was open

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah I was kinda thinking that too. but I think I will be running 8 150w HPS lights and getting a Fatmax tool box. maybe some old computer heat sinks wouldnt be a bad idea. you didnt worrie about getting water in them when the box was open
I kept they way to the back of the boat and was careful. I figured it was a better option than burning them up.

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You will be really happy with 8 of them as well. I found myself wishing I had at least 1 more light on each side. Will probably get 4 more later this season after I get everything else the way I want it.

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The fan worked awesome last night, Don't think the box ever got over 100*F. I used the 3" 120v fan from RadioShack.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts