Bow Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went bowfishing for the first time and I'm hooked. Due to a bad shoulder my hunting bow is to hard to pull. Shot my friend bow which is 30 lb and that is about I can handle.
So I need a new bow, 30" draw length and 30 lb pull. I've tried the fishhawk and discovery which fit the bill but I don't like a bow with no let off. So are there options for what I want. And I really want to keep it under $250. Thanks and what a great site.

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
I don't have an answer for ya because I just shoot a cheap garage sale bow and don't know anything about higher end bows, but I just wanted to say welcome!!!!!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Recurve. I got a bad shoulder too and all I can pull is about 45#. But recurves don't seem to bother me much. Also you can check Craigslist for a cheap recurve, or better takedown. I would try to get a 45# because even if its hard to pull30, when the big one come you just might be able to shoot45

·
Registered
78 Posts
Lots of used bows always put up on archerytalk,com. Some of course are newer bows and are expensive, but if you will look around, there are many many good older used bows that can be had for pretty cheap.

But like Mattman said, you can get a good used recurve on the cheap too, but im not sure if a recurve is a good choice for a bad shoulder until you get it back into shape.

But congrats on your bowfishing outing! We understand your addiction. Its a blast man. Have fun, be safe and enjoy.

·
Registered
451 Posts
personally i think the recurve is a better choice. you can draw it back full or part draw and it helps strengthen the shoulder. and for the same price an old compound cams suck on shoulders, I have torn rotator cuffs and can only shoot recurves if im going to shoot more than 5 times

1 - 6 of 6 Posts