Bow Fishing Forum banner

Flood waters

7K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  THS Sporting Center 
#1 ·
We have had hurricane like rain in the panhandle for the last four days. The river I live on has risen six feet. Its over my dock and still rising. More to come tonight. We sure need it though.

#3 ·
Whaknstak, where are you located at?

Im here in SW GA and i think we have been getting the same rain you have. Our river is already at flood stage and still rising, not expecting to crest until end of this week.

Water conditions have been horrible, i still went out last night for about 2 hours to test out my new steer stick i built though.

#4 ·
Ya its been crazy. I'm just west of Tallahassee. All that water from s ga is funneled right past my house

#7 ·
I sure hope we can get some good rains this spring. Great lakes are down 1.5 feet from last year and 4 feet from the average. Getting hard to get the boat out any of the launches.

#15 ·
NuffDaddy said:
I sure hope we can get some good rains this spring. Great lakes are down 1.5 feet from last year and 4 feet from the average. Getting hard to get the boat out any of the launches.
I hope your happy.lol I heard the Grand River is up 9 feet and suppost to rise some more
This rain is crazy. The shop I work at is on an island right now. I'll have to take some pictures when I go back after lunch.

#17 ·
NuffDaddy said:
This rain is crazy. The shop I work at is on an island right now. I'll have to take some pictures when I go back after lunch.
did you get those pictures yet? wonder if you guys got as much rain as we did here
I ended up having to go on a run and couldn't get any pictures. The boss was having a pump set up over the weekend because the water was coming in the shop. Probably won't be much to see next week when I go back. My back yard shows the flooding pretty good. I'll take some pictures out there when I go outside.
I'm planning on going out to shiawassee flats tomorrow or Sunday if the weather cooperates. I'll have some good pictures then.

#20 ·
Oh yeah, thats quite abit of H20. With all this flooding Im thinking about flood planes for big spawing carp. Just have to wait till it warms up and then go try to find them
That's what I was thinking. If shiawassee is still flooded the farm fields around there will be packed with them once the water gets closer to 60*

#22 ·
I am working on my boat every day hopefully to have it up and running BEFORE the water hits 60 deg.
My boat is all ready except for lights. Sent them back to the company today to see if I did something wrong or if I got a bad bunch of ballasts. Hopefully I'll have some working ones back next week and have everything rigged up for the week after.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.