Bow Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i use a piece of 3/4 inch Styrofoam with the foil backing then i sandwich with 1/8 inch wood like the stuff wooden doors are made of and use silicone around edges and a lot of coats of paint to waterproof. my boat stays out in the elements and it usually wont last longer than a year the rain finds a way in. any ideas i need it lightweight and not a fire starter..it is bolted straight to front of generator and helps a lot on noise.

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
I've heard of guys building a box all the way around leaving the back open and putting a fan in for cooling. Don't really know what they made it out of though.
Maybe try to epoxy coat the plywood before paint on your setup. I work at a wooden boat shop and we coat every inch of the boats in epoxy before paint.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
From what I understand, you can buy some special sound insulating sheetrock. Not sure how you would seal it up, but that might work.

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
How big of a difference does that make. Gonna do something on mine too.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it works better then it looks. before you you were pretty much hollering at each other on the deck now you can pretty much talk normal. thought about experimenting with one on top

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
A piece of pressure treated marine plywood would work the same way and last longer.

Its not the material thats making the sound lower its the deflection of the noise. Plywood is cheap too

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
I wouldn't say plywood is cheap...a sheet of 5/8 pressure treated plywood is like $30. But it is a less expensive option then going with a commercial noise deflector.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I use a peice of 3/4" plywood with bedliner on it to waterproof that has a hinge a the bottom so it can swing up in front of the generator and has bolts that are attached to generator to attach to plwood to hold up, but my generator is also on a raised platform above the motor in the back to get it out of the way.

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
You have any pictures of your raised generator platform? Planning on doing that with mine. Will open up a lot of room and should be a lot quieter than having it siting in the bottom of the boat.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a picture but do not know how to post on here, everytime I try and attach, it just has the bow with a red X

You have any pictures of your raised generator platform? Planning on doing that with mine. Will open up a lot of room and should be a lot quieter than having it siting in the bottom of the boat.

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Might have to resize it. You posting from a computer or phone?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i would also like to see pictures . i have been posting from my phone with no problems. maybe someone on here can talk you though it

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
What is the frame made out of on that?

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Holds up good? Anything you'd do different on it? Definitely gonna make one up for my boat.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts