Bow Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
So when out and looked at a truck this morning with the insurance money I go for the 4runner and my tax returns. 94 Chevy with 88k on new motor. new rockers, 7 inch lift and 2 inch body lift. 8000lbs winch, KC lights, custom bumpers,and straight pipes that dump under the cab. Kinda loud but whatever, I like it. Just hoping that the cops dont like it more than me. Needs alittle work but for what I got it for, should still be a good deal. Gotta jump just to get in the dang thing but I should be fun. Also came with a second Trans. so I might rebuild that one and replace the one its got in it. Right now it wont shift under power, you have to let off the gas till it shifts. hoping its just a bad sensor, but like I said I got a 2nd one so maybe just swaping them out

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Sweet!!!

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. In high school I had the loudest truck in town. It was stupid loud. Law enforcement never once looked twice at it. I eventually got tired of it and put mufflers back on. I miss that old ford though. Lotta fun time

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nice. do you got any picts of the beast? I think I might go straight pipes with dumps. Im not quite sure how they work yet but from what I understand they have a flap that you can turn in them to choose dumps or pipes. My neighbors are going to hate me, my car(old supra) is loud enough then hearing the chevy coming home after bowfishing.lol maybe that means I will have to stay out till sunup and just wake them up early instead of the middle of the night.lol

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Hey, I had a z that would do that.

I eventually had it rebuilt but I did this and it worked.

Change the trams filter, and the trans fluid. Its really easy.

Count the bolt on the pan, go to advance tell em the number of bolts and they will pull the part. Its really simple to do. Dump old fluid. Check magnet in pan for metal shavings. If none your good to go. Wipe clean with non lint rag.

Pull filter straight down. Push new filter straight up. Revolt pan. Fill with fluid. Crank truck. Check fluid top off if needed. And your good to go. It worked for me, and also I did it for a friend and he was good to go after that. Same issue your having.

Could be a sensor but it wouldn't hurt and is great Insurance if your unsure about current fluid.

This was the truck before

firstdayiboughther.jpg

After

myz.jpg

I like the truck you got. Still hate the runner got yacked but I like your truck now too

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey thanks, yeah i miss the Runner but I think I will have alot of fun with the chevy. Also here in michigan its all about the Chevy. I will have to look into the trans stuff. doesnt sound too hard. Your truck turned out great.I can't even believe those are the same truck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts