Bow Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally went LED's on my boat. First attempt adding lights for the hunt. I decided on LED's and after receiveing the light bar I found this video.

For anyone looking for a little more info on lights and would like to have them with out the noise of a genny, check out the attached youtube video.

·
Registered
451 Posts
did you tint your LED's at all? I know where I shoot most the LED have way to much glare from the muddy water. I saw some people tint the lights yellow as it "cuts" the muddy water better. I still shoot over halos because they are cheap but I would love to go all HPS.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll tint the lens as you suggested. I remember now that the warm white penetrates better. Thanks for the info.

Your rig with the two 50's looks insane with the light produced. After shooting a couple videos and seeing the amount of light lost to the camera, I'm surprised you didn't have planes trying to land on you.

Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi everyone,

Here is the solution you seem to be looking to eliminate LED reflection. Goto ebay and type in "Carplite" in the main search box. They sell HPS or Green colored filter covers for 50W LED lights. Also have Custom sizes if needed for other types of light frame sizes. I used them and made a world of difference. I bought one at first just to try out and bought ten after that. Got the best worlds of using LEDs with the color of HPS to better penetrate the water and reduce glare. They are made from transparent plexiglass so much much more durable than tint/film. And you can easily remove these in seconds if you want the bright light back for clear water. Much cheaper alternative than going HPS with all the extra bulbs, capaitors, genny, difficult wiring and weight, etc. Hope this helps, just wanted to share what I have found to everyone who had the same issues I had.

Here is the link:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xcarplite.TRS0&_nkw=carplite&_sacat=0

[sharedmedia=gallery:albums:42]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts