Bow Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to move away from generator noise. Have been researching past couple years. I'm looking at running either LEDs or 35w 12v hids. So 1st question, why is no one talking about these Hids. They can come 3000k, so theoretically good penetration on murky water. They produce 3500 lumen. The LEDs generally are bright white, and slightly less or same lumen per watt. Anyone tell me the downside to the hids. 2nd is the battery situation. I have seen peukerts law, ohm law, etc. So I have worked these equations to determine amp draw and battery need. However, I have seen some posts that make question this. So I would like some people to let me know how many watts they have, how many batteries and amp/hrs they have and how long they can run. Also do people run there batteries past 40%. I was looking to run 6-8 30w to 55w lights. Probably Hid, if not LED. I also have a 24v trolling motor. So I could have a whole lot of batteries? Any suggestion? I have opportunity to cheaply buy up to 3 scrubber batteries rated 170ah/at a 10 hr discharge rate. But weight 116 pounds. I was thinking of running 2 in series to power trolling motor and lights.

·
Registered
281 Posts
HID are great for driving but most don't use them for bowfishing. 50 watt LED in Warm white or cool white are most popular for good reason. If you shoot in more stained / cloudy water warm white might be better if you have calm clear water cool whites are pretty sweet.

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Look into sealite Leds. They come in several different color temps. I have no personal experience with them, but everything I've heard is they are worth the little extra $$.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts