Bow Fishing Forum banner

How can we draw people to the site?

10K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  BigSwole 
#1 ·
So, we still dont have very many members yet. Any ideas on how we can let more people know about this site?

#30 · (Edited by Moderator)
1.) repeated post: 250 post on the same subject, very much of a turn off. I've seen the same post made on numerous times on many forums on the same subject on the same day or the same week. Solution: send the member a link to the post he's seeking/ looking for information. It minimizes the cludder on the forum and wasted search times.
2.) not posting on a members post, theirs a huge turn off. You may not like what they post, example small boats question or small boat builds or picture of showing off their boats. That their will drive a member off. 1st thing comes to mind is a "unfriendly forum" everyone like to feel welcome. I use the small boat as a example, I get lots of pm's from another site from small boat members asking if I'm sore over this. Nope it doesnt bother me, but some folks are thin skin.
3.) internet trolls, bad for business on a forum( I classified them same as bullies or hateful people) zero tolerance should be taking. No body wants to be in a bar were their are trouble makers hang out, same for forums.
4.) avialable rock solid information, none of this 1/2 ass stuff that would cause injury or death.....no one want half ass information, you'll be suprised on the info folks seek. Specially electrical and most of all weight limits to boats.
5.) bowfishing product manufactures, rock solid companies with rock solid reputations with 100% liget companies indorsing your forum. People like good stuff. I do, no one likes to search for reputital companies, available information. None of this part time want-a-be companies.
6.)contest, make it fun, ugly boat contest, best large boat, best midium sized boat, best small boat.
7.)clicks, theirs another turn off to members, as of with no disrespect, some folks cant spend a ton of money on equipment or boat build / remodels, this goes for bows too. I've seen when some will be made fun of or slammed because they dont own a Onendia or ASM bow. It seems these folks click together and stay together. Division is bad for business & for a forum. Our country is this way.
8.) out burst & bickering, is another I work 10 to 12 hours a day in my business, I like to come home spend time with my wife, eat a good meal, and make a few post without some child behavor he said you said bull crap. I'm 53 yrs old, I've seen & heard enough of it.

all the free-be's will only bring in the ones that will only show up for free-be's. It wont make them stay or be loyaI. I own a business in the hunting/outdoor industry for 12 yrs, befor that I was a sucessful painting & wallpapering contractor for 20yrs and forums should be run like a business....business's want to attracted new customers, & hold their loyal ones, same with forums. Look at this like a business and you will suceed, & if you wont, you will fail or only stay small & you will die slowly.

#32 ·
9.) "Drama" dont bash your competitor or other forums, you'll be suprised how this will run off members. No one wants to heard about their bad experiences or issues from another foum. I know I dont.

My business is respectful to my competitors & will wont tolerate my employees dis-ing them. Its just good business & good karma

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.