Bow Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you aim when you are bow fishing? Here are some rules that I have heard before:
  • The 10-4 rule: If the fish is 10 feet (3 meters) away and 1 foot (30 centimeters) below the surface, then aim 4 inches (10 centimeters) low. If you double either the 10 or the one, then double the four. For example, you would aim 8 inches (20 centimeters) low for a fish that's either 20 feet (6 meters) away and 1 foot deep or 10 feet away and 2 feet (60 centimeters) deep.
  • Aim about 6 inches (15 centimeters) low for every 1 foot of depth.
  • Look at the fish and aim 10 inches (25 centimeters) low.
What do you do?

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Just go off instinct. You definitely got to aim low but once you figure it out its pretty simple. That's what I've found at least.

·
Registered
36 Posts
For the first few nights last year when I was starting out. I used the "Not Low Enough" rule.

I have found it became a natural reflex to draw on the fish then drop down and release. Now it is more of a feel thing.

On distance shots at the edge of the light....is still a hit or miss learning curve. I seem to do better when I don't try an guage how many inches low I have to hold. I seem to get in my own way. Now if it feels right....it usually is.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
You can't aim too low

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
He's back again. Time for the hammer

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Can anybody break his code?? I can't figure it out...all I got is the first word is puke.

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Ok, I banned him and deleted his posts. :) I was out of town for the weekend.
Lol. You should get a buddy you trust to be a moderator so he can help you keep an eye on things when your not around. As this forum grows your going to want to have enough moderators so that someone will be watching at all times to keep out spammers and remove inappropriate content. Trolls will begin to show up to and just try to stir the pot.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Lol. You should get a buddy you trust to be a moderator so he can help you keep an eye on things when your not around. As this forum grows your going to want to have enough moderators so that someone will be watching at all times to keep out spammers and remove inappropriate content. Trolls will begin to show up to and just try to stir the pot.
agreed, I love this forum and I hate spammers lol and we need to keep them out!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts