Bow Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am adding 2 50 watt LED lights to my pontoon and the poles are 8' long and mounted at a 45deg angle. I have yet to try it on the water yet. I am currently using 6 50 watt LED about 24" above the water right now and believe I am not getting the most out of the lights. Any suggestions biased on your experience would be appreciated. The pic is of my prototype pvc model. I have since made it from 1" square aluminum tube.

Attachments

·
Registered
451 Posts
I hate when bugs are level with me, that's one thin to think about. Another is my friends would shoot those lights so fast it wouldn't be worth it. It seems like a good idea, just not for me

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Never tried anything like that, but it looks interesting. Let us know how it works out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
LEDs will limit you on how far out you can see. It's just the way they are. The pole is a neat idea but for me it would be in the way and just another thing for the line to get caught up on. Are the LEDs on your deck angled down at all?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes slightly. They seem to light up more water when they are pointing out. Thats why I think I am not getting most of the light into the water. When I was piloting my bout back into the river at night it was lighting up trees well 100 yards away.

LEDs will limit you on how far out you can see. It's just the way they are. The pole is a neat idea but for me it would be in the way and just another thing for the line to get caught up on. Are the LEDs on your deck angled down at all?

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Yes slightly. They seem to light up more water when they are pointing out. Thats why I think I am not getting most of the light into the water. When I was piloting my bout back into the river at night it was lighting up trees well 100 yards away.
That makes sense, less light reflecting off of the water by shining directly into it.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It work awesome. You could not ask for more. this one light was significantly better than 2 light I have mounted under my platform. I will post pic soon.

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
It work awesome. You could not ask for more. this one light was significantly better than 2 light I have mounted under my platform. I will post pic soon.
Sweet!! Get any fish?

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Good to hear it worked!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Looks awesome! Glad to see you post again. What happeneds why you get a big fish on? Do they pull your line into the lights?

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Looks good!!! Getting many fish yet?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts