Bow Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking forward to learning some new tricks from this forum. I'm looking to rig my boat up for light. Anybody I should be talking to for consult/purchase of equipment? T
Thanks much

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bowfishing for carp on the ct river. I have 16.5 ft ranger with 2 12 volt batteries. I also have a Honda generator if needed. Don't want to spend crazy money but flexible. Thanks

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
If you have two 12v batteries, look into going with an led . 25-60 per light, cut they run for hours on a 12v system. Plus no gas costs or genny noise.

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
How clear is your water?
The cheap way to go is with some 300w halos and a genny. LEDs let you run silent but the color makes muddy water a little difficult to see fish in, and they are a little pricy. HPS lights are great for muddy water but you need a generator and they are on the expensive side. Are you looking to spend $50....$100....$500. The sky is the limit when it comes to lighting.

And welcome to the forum!!!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Welcome

Zollie

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
I started with a spot light hooked up to a battery. And have graduated up to hps light with custom housings and digital ballasts

Its all a great start as long as you get started!

You can tweak your setup as much as you want to find what works for you. But you won't know what to tweak till you get started!

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
I was thinking 5 50 watts with a light rack made from a local guy around here. Good start?
If you know of anybody around that shoots at night it would be really beneficial for you to go out with them and see how you like different setups so you get an idea where to start. Most guys would be more than happy to bring you along for a trip if you throw in a few bucks for gas.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts