Bow Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using a youth compound bow set at 30lbs with an AMS reel., Great set up, light and it drills carp and Garr

Academy had their Game Winner package deal on sale for 31.00 normally 75.00 retail. Got reel, reel seat, arrow, and arrow rest. Only concern is the fact it's not idiot proof like my AMS. You forget to push the button on the reel and you swim for your arrow.

Any thoughts or experience on the Game Winner.

Thanks,

Roy

Attachments

·
Registered
451 Posts
never heard of them. Also when i see people using spinners they are alot bigger, i dont know if it for more line or better drag. but for $31 cant go to wrong. The only thing i would suggest is to always push your button when you knock your arrow, and then again before you shoot. if you tie to the end of the arrow, when you draw back your arrow should fall from your string. just knock your arrow reel all the extra and push your button. hope this helps. and good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
dont do it. i bought the same thing, arrow broke on gar, i stripped the gears in the reel, and the reel seat pins fell out after 2 trips. rest is alright

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feed back. Waiting on the wind to calm down and try the new ( old) rig out. Got the itch "Bad" to go out!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts