Bow Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it ain't fancy but I saw ya'lls PVC posts and thought now that'd be a challenge so off to Home Depot I went Friday, got me a bow string from local bow shop got my Muzzy Extreme mounted to her and me, Matt and Dan Dan hit the water Friday night. I only got 2 with it but man it was fun trying LOL. Shot a total of 32 I think it was for the night. I made it 5ft with a 58 inch string and I think it was a little weak because I hit a couple fish I think that it didn't penetrate. I got up Saturday piddling with it making the twisting the string shorter and actually broke the bow because of the hole I drilled for the reel. SO........I made another attached the reel with clamps to the bow with out drilling any holes shortened the string to 55 inches and I hope to try her out after work one day this week. Here's a pic of it and some of the fish we got Friday. Now everybody is gonna make one. LOL TEAM SHANK'EM and SPANK'EM may be renamed to TEAM PVC!!

PVCbownight_zpsb84ef9f8.jpg
PVCmattdan_zps58de3df1.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
That's awesome!! Im gonna have to make a couple for next season so I don't have to loan out my good bows.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Nice we use to run around my house and shoot at the squirrels and birds with wooden dowels.lol tell what you find works best for you. heck maybe i will make some again.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have 2 recurves, a long bow, 2 compounds and now a PVC pipe with a string. LOL

Im having more fun with it than any bow I ever owned LOL

Heck, when I miss and get mad I just beat the crap outta the side of the boat with it and it don't bother me about the bow,..........or boat cause its not my boat LOL

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guy here in town makes his for deer hunting. He takes a 1 inch pipe and puts a 3/4 down in it then a 1/2 in it. He sprays em with WD 40 so they go in easier. All schedule 40 pvc. Ive not pulled one back but they say they are very stout. He's a good size boy. Said its almost 80lb pull. I just need em to shank a fish at 15 yards not a deer's shoulder at 30 LOL.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts