Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What's an epoxy rest z?

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Huh. You just form it yourself? does it hold the arrow pretty well?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Epoxy rest for me. When u form it up you get the arrow as close to the center as possible. The arrow sets in well enough that you can shoot it just about anyway but upside down. Lol

·
Registered
131 Posts
Just like Msboy said in his post. Make sure you sand the riser before you apply the epoxy.

Zollie

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Yea they do!! I've never had a miss shot due to the rest. I shoot a lot of carp and spotted gar in Georgia so I like the precision of it. I really wish we had alligator gar in my lake but we don't.

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Yea they do!! I've never had a miss shot due to the rest. I shoot a lot of carp and spotted gar in Georgia so I like the precision of it. I really wish we had alligator gar in my lake but we don't.
the only time the arrow was screwed up by the rest is if I accidentally put the arrow in upside down. And I don't think there is a rest out there that would correct that. Except for a whisker biscuit.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yea but even then i think a whisker buiscut would turn the arrow some sort of way?
It would cause some deflection, but it would be much less noticeable than a hard rest

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
I tried a whisker biscuit for a while and I had problems with the fiberglass arrow falling through the whiskers.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I tried a whisker biscuit for a while and I had problems with the fiberglass arrow falling through the whiskers.
take some epoxy and rub it in the whiskers and let it set up, bullet proof after that

i use whisker buiscuts and the fin finder... idk why i havent used a wave yet

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
That's a good idea with the epoxy. But I'd rather use the $20 wave than a $50 whisker biscuit.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Every now and again you can find worn out whisker buiscuts for cheap or from a archery shop, little epoxy and it's good to go .. I wouldn't pay for a new one lol not for a bow fishin rig

1 - 20 of 37 Posts