Bow Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to get a better rig. Right now I run just off my bass boat deck (2 is the maximum on the deck) and its ok but I'm wanting something that will hold at least 5 people with the possibility of running 3 or 4 on the deck with a raised deck.

I was thinking of a 20 or so foot carolina skiff (or some other kind of flats boat) or aluminum. (Yes I know aluminum is better because its lighter, easier to repair, and usually more cost efficient, as well as trailers better.)

Keep in mind I don't run a generator, I run what I call a "quiet rig" which is deep cycle batteries powering everything. Max deep cycle is 2 batteries along with cranking battery.

So any suggestions?

·
Registered
451 Posts
It depends on how big your friends are. I got a 17 footer and we can fit 3 on the deck. 4 maybe. just all have to be skinny dudes. What about a back deck? thats what Im planning. 3 up front 2 in the back. need more lights but seems the weight would be more even

·
Registered
121 Posts
I would have to suggest custom built Alweld 2170 flat bottom. If I was going for a larger boat altogether that size would be it.

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
18-22 foot long and at least 6 foot wide.

·
Registered
14 Posts
We've got a 1872 SeaArk for sale in the Classifieds, its got an 8' beam and a 6' bottom and is very stable and fast. Its in the Bowfishing ads.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Olefart thats a nice setup! Im on a budget right now, a very tight budget.

I am leaning more toward aluminum because I hope to have a removable deck and use it during duck season as a transport boat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts