Bow Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or does anybody else see insanely huge trophy bass when bowfishing? i sure would love to stick some and say i cought em..

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Is it just me or does anybody else see insanely huge trophy bass when bowfishing? i sure would love to stick some and say i cought em..
In Florida simply having bass on board while bows are in the boat is a violation. Hard to explain the big holes if they ain't in their lips.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ummmm, eight pounder last summer by mistake. Pulled arrow out under the water so no one could see. Was swiming with carp. I was almost paniced. If a fish was found with a hole in him they would know who to come to. No one bowfishes here but me.

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Ummmm, eight pounder last summer by mistake. Pulled arrow out under the water so no one could see. Was swiming with carp. I was almost paniced. If a fish was found with a hole in him they would know who to come to. No one bowfishes here but me.
Allegedly...

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Gotta cover yourself. Green jeans keeps an eye on forums.

·
Registered
76 Posts
man weve saw bass that would b tha big money in a tour....ive got friends that i fish sum bass tours wth that go with me just 2 c where the fish r,,,,,,and tha funny thang is they go and try 2 catch em durin a tour and dont even get a bite !!! :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
i think weve all made mastakes n dingy water......thats not a confession.....just saying...... :cool:
I can honestly say I haven't shot a illegal fish yet. I've shot cats thinking they were carp but they are legal to shoot. I've been at full draw on bass, northern pike, and walleye but realized it before I let the arrow fly. (knocking on wood)

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Lucky they wasn't cited too lol

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
weve had alot of close calls with new boys that ive carried wth me....luckly they wasnt sighted n yet !
I tell anyone that goes with me that if they shoot a bass that will be the last arrow they draw back in my boat. Haven't had any problems yet.

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
I'm a avid catch and release bass fisherman and I cringe anytime I see someone keep a bass.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
I eat tons of fish. Perch, bluegill, crappie, and walleye mostly. But I don't see why you would kill such a sporting fish like a bass where there are so many other fish to eat.

·
Registered
76 Posts
i agree i agree.....ive got ppl down here that would rather eat a stinkin carp b4 they will cook a bass. they say if u cook carp and make it like salmon patties its awesome.....i said i dont eat fish earlier but i will eat me sum salmon patties,,,,,nothin like grandmas cookin !!

·
Registered
68 Posts
i agree i agree.....ive got ppl down here that would rather eat a stinkin carp b4 they will cook a bass. they say if u cook carp and make it like salmon patties its awesome.....i said i dont eat fish earlier but i will eat me sum salmon patties,,,,,nothin like grandmas cookin !!
Yea I've heard if u put carp through a grinder and make patties that its good but I'm not much on fish patties on any kind!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts