Bow Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to bowfishing and im an avid bow hunter. My questions are , im going to buy a second bow for bowfishing like an older mathews or domething. You all shooting them ok with fingers? Or do you recommend some other bows? Thanx a ton!

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
If your looking for just a bowfishing bow and are looking to spend a little, look into bows specifically designed for bowfishing. They have a different kind of draw and usually have a much lower poundage than a hunting bow. I use a old bear whitetail hunter I got for next to nothing at a garage sale, so I can't comment on what a good higher end bowfishing bow would be.

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
I forgot to answer you're question. :lol:
I use these things called noglove. They slide over your string and give you a lot more grip/surface area on your string to hold onto. I wouldn't recommend just pulling the string...by the end of the night your fingers will be ready to fall off.
Light Shelf Material property Wood Gas

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same thing on my mathews genesis and so far i love it. you can shoot all day with em. takes less time to charge your bow than messing around with a caliper too

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
I shoot with a mechanix glove. Without it, my fingers will feel like will the skin has melted off

·
Registered
451 Posts
I shot gloves for awhile then switched to no gloves. Both have a down side, gloves are harder to shoot because the sting get caught in it sometimes. Where as no gloves, sometimes they roll on you an you pre shoot, personally I love my no gloves

·
Registered
19 Posts
I use my old reflex hunting bow. I turned it down to 45-50lbs. I tried using a release like I was hunting the first few times because i was concerned about maybe messing my shooting up. That didn't last long. I've been shooting bare fingers for a little while now with no problems.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanx for all the replies! Im a mathews bow hunter when it comed to deer etc. So I might get an older mathews to try this with!;im real excited!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I shoot with no gloves on all my bows and also wear a glove. I shoot spinners and some of the line will cut you to the bone fast without a glove. It you shoot 2 fingers under and one ontop with high poundage short axel to axel bows you may get some finger pinch

·
Registered
250 Posts
No gloves are around $6 here. I've tried and gone to a 1/8" rubber tubing and it seems to be working. I got 6' of it so it should last me for a while.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
No gloves are around $6 here. I've tried and gone to a 1/8" rubber tubing and it seems to be working. I got 6' of it so it should last me for a while.
Got any pics?

·
Registered
4 Posts
ams kit i have the swampthing and firehawk.. with string things on both can shoot all day with bare fingers.. go to the ams web site they have great deals on kits.. 30-40lb draw firehawk 40-50 on swamp

1 - 14 of 14 Posts