Bow Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 31 Posts

· Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Season is winding down. Other than maybe a gar shoot up at the lake I'm all done...Switching my boat over to waterfowl mode next week.

· Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Our year wasn't bad. For a couple weeks during the spawn we were averaging about 100lbs of fish an hour. Some trips we only got a couple fish in the boat. Overall had a fun spring/summer. Threw in the towel last week and now I'm getting ready for waterfowl season.

· Premium Member
1,364 Posts
The best day I ever had Bowfishing was the BAM state championship. We found a little ditch that connected a little marsh to the bay. The carp were running the ditch to go from the open water to the marsh were they we're spawning. Most if the fish were little, but it was as fast as you could shoot for a little over 2 hours till most of the carp were shot/ scared out. We got 130 of our 170 fish in those 2 hours...then the weather got bad and the last 18 hours were tough.

· Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Heard you had a good time out there Fred. :lol:

How many fish did you end up with?

· Premium Member
1,364 Posts
We ended up with 7. submarined the boat but survived. We took big fish. I stole your idea for the "not so sexy stick" :D

It beat trying the flamingo dance for 7 hours.
Glad I could help. :D

How'd you manage to put the boat under?

1 - 9 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.