Bow Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious why you choosed the boat "YOU" have for a bowfishing boat. The reason for this post is for some whom is seeking information on what type of boat: jon boat, semi V/mod V, size: length, beam) deck: flush mountor raised deck, height. lighting, push or pull: kicker, fan, or troller motor. If you did or didnt build/modified it still matters.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Well, currently I have a modified V fiberglass 15'. Just starting into boats and got this one with trailer and trolling motor for $250. After 3 months of use I'm now on the lookout for a 14+ jonboat. They seem to be made of platinum around here.

·
Registered
131 Posts
1872MV SeaArk side console Mod V to handle better in rough water, length more room, wide for more poeple, 6' x 5' flush deck with 10 150 watt halogon lights, 90hp E-Tec, 55lb trust troller, push pull 15hp kicker motor.

Zollie

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
couple of reasons why I have this boat......sentimental value mainly, been in the family pretty much all it time expect for a year were the original owner sunk it and sat for almost a year in the river in 10ft water. We salvaged it with the original owners permission,it had a torn transum. Rebuilt the transum, with new metal, added 48" by 24" aluminum skid plate welded and wrapped round upward on the transum. Duck hunted in that boat for many, many years. I like jon boats, like the size 14/48 and the fact of saving it and redoing it for many uses.

·
Registered
131 Posts
My brother-in-law passed away in 2005 a year later I get a check in the mail from and insurance company for a large amount of money. So I got the boat I wanted so I can take my nephews bowfishing and fishing. So needless to say my boat means alot to me. Its going to stay in the family.

Zollie

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
I have a 1648MV. Only drafts about 6" of water so you can get skinny with it but it's still enough boat to handle bigger water.
5 1/2' X 7' flush deck...I like a lot of room to walk even though I never shoot with more than 3 people in the boat.
4 soon to be 6 or 8 150 watt HPS
Works good in the muddy water but I can still keep to a small quiet generator.
40hp because I don't want to get stuck in bad weather on the great lakes.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Started with 1436 n 28# troller. 400$, Then saw the size of fish in the river n went to a 1448, raised deck with 10 halogens. Used the heck out of that little boat. My buddy's still running that boat. Finally 3 yrs ago got a 2070 flat bottom Jon boat hull n built it from the ground up. Now I got the room to take multiple people and its big enough for the bay for rays or whatever. Put flush deck,10 50watt LEDs on it and a Suzuki 70 h 4stroke. 101 troller. May go with a kicker or fan someday , just not sure yet......

Attachments

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
I have 3 boats, had 4 up until Friday when I traded one out,

But each boat has one thing in common, I got a great deal on it.

My duck boat with a 20hp go devil. 1542 alumacraft that goes where ever I point her. I have rode her hard and she likes it! Got her and the trailer motor blind and a ton of extras for under 2 grand.

My old trihull. Bought her for a song, I originally owned her years ago. Wanted to buy the trolling motor off of her and ended up with the whole boat for an Xbox and some cash.

My new 1760 fan boat, wanted a fan boat but was saving the money to build one when I found a great deal on the one I bought.

I love getting deals!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Lowe 1648 with a 25 hp mudbuddy... Its what I have because its all I can afford at this point.... I'm sure those of you who have children and families with other financial obligations would rather be rolling in [email protected]@ airboat, but for now our rigs will do.... It gets me on the water and the carp hate me as much as the other guy with a bow :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts